Thursday, June 12, 2008

You won't find 'Swingtown' here -- ever

A watchdog group is taking aim at the TV show "Swingtown." That's why I've gotten about 20 identical, word-for-word letters from residents accusing us of violating our FCC license and urging us not to air future episodes. There are just a few problems here. We're not a CBS affiliate, we're not regulated by the FCC and we've never aired "Swingtown." And I can promise this: We'll never, ever air "Swingtown."

Here's one of the letters:

Dear Shelby Star:

I am offended by the content of the CBS program "Swingtown." The
offensive content clearly violates our local community standards and does
not reflect your license obligation "to serve the public interest."

I urge you to refuse to air future episodes of "Swingtown."

I also ask you to place a copy of my complaint in your files according to
FCC regulations.

No comments: