Saturday, June 14, 2008

"The Incredible Hulk" vs. "The Happening"


This weekend at movie theaters it's a showdown pitting "The Incredible Hulk" vs. "The Happening," M. Night Shyamalan latest.

Buzz is bad on "The Happening," and a little better on "The Hulk." I'm predicting "The Hulk" pulls in about $50 million from Friday to Sunday. I also think it will roughly double what "The Happening" brings in. After all, some folks are dubbing M. Night as "Shyamalamabigbomb." Although frankly, I'm more interested in seeing his film than "The Hulk" right now. I liked the first attempt several years ago to bring "The Hulk" to the big screen. It was stylish and moody.

Plus, I always get suspiscious when critics seem to want to line up against a movie, like any movie M. Night makes. It's almost like they're are scared to say anything good about him for fear they'll look bad to other critics.

No comments: