Saturday, September 20, 2008

Nice Harley group, bad timing

I was driving back to Shelby on Friday morning and got behind a group of impressive Harley-Davidson motorcycles around Gastonia. I believe they were from a Michigan chapter based on the logos they were wearing.

I don't know why they were in Gastonia. It could have had something to do with the Harley store there and the fact that Click Baldwin owned it. I really don't know. At some point between I-85 and U.S. 74, all of us got stuck behind a chicken truck. I found it annoying with feathers flying everywhere. I know this group really had to find it annoying because on a motorcycle you don't have the protection to keep feathers from flying in your face. Fortunately, they got around the chicken truck rather quickly. They also seemed far more patient than myself.

All I know is after staring at these really plump chickens crowded in their cages it really put me in the mood for a juicy steak.

I will say this Harley group was decked out in some impressive equipment. They blow the tired old stereotype of motorcycle groups right out the window. My hat is off to them.

No comments: