Saturday, September 27, 2008

Things are getting better in fantasy baseball

My fantasy baseball fortunes have taken a turn for the better. I'm in three leagues and I've struggled all year. However, in my keeper league I've gone from sixth place to a tie for second with one day to go. Finishing second (or third) in that league is actually an accomplishment.

In another league for editorial writers I've gone from 10th place to the championship round (it's a head-to-head league with playoffs). I'm leading the championship game -- barely. I need to hang on for one more day to win that league. I don't know if I can.

Finally, there's the Pee Dee League I've been in for several years. I'm going to finish a pitiful eighth out of 10 teams. I just couldn't get it going in that league this year. I still don't know what went wrong.

But as Meatloaf once said, "Two out of three ain't bad."

Actually, I'm glad the season is ending. It's tiring and I need to focus on fantasy football.

No comments: