Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bears, bleeding, blogging and moving

It's funny the things that happen when you're moving. As I'm dragging out stuff to the road in my soon-to-be-former residence, people are picking it up as I go.

But you actually meet a lot of nice folks. One guy, who promised to restore my grandmother's old porch furniture that I was throwing away, turned out to be someone I rode the school bus with in elementary school. We grew up in adjacent neighborhoods and he even helped me carry stuff out to the road that he didn't want.

Of course, not everyone you run into turns out that polite. You have to be careful and use your best judgment.

Also, not everything goes smoothly. The glass tabletop to a piece of furniture I own, unfortunately, is now in a million little pieces. A bad tumble down the stairs did the trick. I doubt anyone is going to want those little items.

Now I'm updating the bear story online while trying not to bleed all over my computer.

No comments: