Friday, July 11, 2008

Kidney for sale: Scam or truly desperate person?

Needless to say, we get a lot of strange e-mails here at The Star. I got one today offering to sell me a kidney for $250,000. Is this a scam or a truly desperate person? I think I'll write a full column on this one. For now, here's the text of the e-mail (I didn't correct the grammar):

"I am an Indian & 38 years old. Clean habit and pure vegetarian.

My Blood Group is B+. I am offering my kidney for a price of US $ 250,000
(Two hundred & fifty thousand US Dollars). Only genuine buyers who are able to pay the asking price are requested to contact me.

My kidney would be sold on a first come, first serve basis. I have a pasport,

In case interested please contact me on my email address. About the price, it is not negotiable. Hope to hear from you."

No comments: