Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ready or not, 'Grand Theft Auto' hits stores

Today’s the day. “Grand Theft Auto IV” hits stores and eager kids and adults alike will want a copy. Parents should keep in mind that this game is rated M for mature, which is intended for those 17 and over.

This title, which has picked up some of the best reviews I’ve ever seen a game receive, is the video game equivalent to a rated-R movie. It’s sure to be controversial, attract a lot of positive and negative attention and sell millions of copies. But this thing is for adults.

It’s available only on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and the realism level will hit a new high for the series. Imagine the movie “The Departed,” where it’s easier to count the survivors than the victims, as a video game and you’re getting the right idea on the level of violence.

My nephew is 16 and I know he’s already lobbying my sister for a copy. She’ll call me up and ask for my opinion and I’ll say … actually I’m not sure yet.

No comments: